Friday, January 17, 2014

Marlboro Fly Fishing Show


This weekend the annual Marlboro Fly Fishing Show is going on. I went on Friday for most of the day. The reason I go is because I enjoy going to seminars. I have to say, this show is full of really good seminars. There are as many as 6-8 seminars EACH HOUR.

On Friday I went to four seminars. At 11 am, I went to “Sight Fishing for Great Lakes Carp. The show I went to at noon was “Tactics to Successfully Fly Fish each of the Northern New England Seasons”.
The show I went to at 1 pm, was the one I most wanted to see. Its title was “A Tale of Two Rivers: Cape Cod’s Sea Run Brook Trout. Lastly, at 2 pm, I went to a seminar about rivers in Colorado.
There are fly tying demonstrations and casting demos. Each hour there is a different author at the “Author’s Booth”.

The actual show is not very large. There are exhibiters for rods, reels, flies, and lodges. I honestly didn’t spend a penny at the expo. I do think there are some very good deals on rods. The people running the booths are very knowledgeable. They will answer specific questions about flies that work on their water. I spent five solid minutes talking with Lisa Sevard about the smaller lakes in Pittsburg, NH in the Connecticut Lakes area.

The show runs over the weekend. It is a five minute drive from I-495. The seminar schedule is online along with all the other important information. www.flyfishingshow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment