Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some trout and a carp

After today Megan from work goes on vacation. Meaning I am on call from May 3 through Friday May 11. I'll be able to fish but I won't be able to stray to far from my work area.  My days off this week were Tuesday and Wednesday. I tried to get in as much fishing as I could. Here is what I have done so far.

Monday night: I went to the fly fishing only pond where I had my run in with the old bully that tried to scare me off. I caught five trout. I had four others on and multiple other hits. Three of the four that popped the hook seemed good sized. I caught a couple that went 15-16 inches. Four other guys were fly fishing but no one bothered me.

Tuesday: I went for an all day fishing trip with Dave to a big lake that is known for large mirror carp ( 30 plus pounds). We left at 9 and I got home about 5 o'clock. It rained on us the entire time. We didn't get any giants. The fish were sluggish because of the cold air/ cold rain, but I did manage a 14 pounder that was absolutely beautiful. No pictures though because it was only average size and the rain was coming down pretty hard at that time.

Tuesday night: Saw Disney's Chimpanzee. Kind of a new tradition for DJ and I to see Disney's Earth Day movie.

Here's to hoping I find some fish today and have more to write about

No comments:

Post a Comment