Saturday, May 5, 2012

Loose, Win, Win

From May 3 until May 12 I am on call both morning and night because Megan from work is on vacation in the Dominican Republic. This is tough for me because May is unquestionably my favorite month. Being on call is like being on a leash, I can't go very far and I can be pulled back into a store at any time. That happened to me on Thursday night. I was at the trout pond  fly fishing and I got a call from the Seekonk store, a girl made a mess that she needed help with. My first reaction was " your mess/ your problem" but it was something that would take hours to clean alone, so I went in and gave her a hand.

Because I am on call, I can't go very far to fish. This in my " loose" . There will be no day trips or fishing adventures for me until at least next weekend or more likely the Thursday/ Friday of May 17/18.

However I am trying to be positive. One "win" is that I have some good fishing near home. Last night only 20 minutes from the Seekonk Honey Dew I went striper fishing with Jeff. I caught 6 schoolies and Jeff got three fish but one was a chunky keeper. It was a fun night. Fish were busting all over but they were fussy.

Besides a couple striper spots in Providence, I also have the trout pond and about 5 carp ponds all about 20 minutes away. So I will get to fish when I'm not working, my trips just won't be adventures.

My other " win" is my savings on gas. Not being able to drive to Wachusetts and the Cape means I should save about $30 dollars this week on gas. Which I will put towards New Hampshire adventures starting the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment