Sunday, May 9, 2021

Isn't Nature Beautiful Part 1

   


As someone that likes to take photos I am always happy to capture the moment. However, as photographers we get far too much credit for good photos. As a professor said in an online photography course I watched " If you want to be a better photographer, put yourself in front on more interesting stuff." If you think about that, it is absolutely true. No matter how fancy the gear or  much you know about your camera if the photo subject is boring no one is going to give a damn about your photo.

   So with that I say May is the month to find interesting stuff. I've been birding every chance I can, but far less than normal thanks to an overwhelming work load. Still, if you are outside in May you're going to run into some interesting stuff. Below are some of the things I've seen. Hopefully you may think some of the photos are excellent. More likely you will think the majority are good. However, most of the photos I took of moving little birds are bad, very bad, of moving little birds. Just remember, the photo isn't important, it's the subject that is. Nature is beautiful, all I did was freeze a small moment of time

Osprey

Baltimore Oriole

Male Ruby Throated Hummingbird


Blackpoll Warbler

Bleeding Heart

Blue Headed Vireo

Eastern Bluebird

Tree Swallow

Garter Snake

Chipping Sparrow

Eastern Phoebe

Northern Rough Winged Swallow 
(photo upgrade)

No comments:

Post a Comment