Sunday, December 8, 2019

I got two more

Eared Grebe
At this time of year, if you are a serious lister, there aren't too many birds left to chase. Chances are pretty good that the birds you missed are far south in Central America or the Amazon. You can hope fore a freak bird to show up or you can hope for a rare winter specialty to show up. I got two winter birds recently

There has been a couple of Lapland Longspurs in Westerly the last couple of days. On top of the Longspurs an Eared Grebe was found by Matt Schenck. That gave me two birds to chase. I had only ever seen one Lapland Longspur and I had never seen an Eared Grebe.

 I got them both. The Eared Grebe was by Quonny and the Lapland Longspurs were at Misquamicut State Beach Parking Lot.

The photos are heavily cropped. I can't believe the Longspur pics are as clear as it is with as much I cropped them

Lapaland Longpur



No comments:

Post a Comment