Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Tanager Show continues

I went back to South County again today. I knew I could get better photos of the Scarlet Tanager if it put on the same show as yesterday. I knew the angle of the sun, where the birds were, and I had all the time in the world to be patient.

I spent three hours at Trustom. I only took photos when the birds were close. Unlike yesterday when I got there, I already had good photos of these rare birds. Today's mission was to upgrade. That's what I did. I didn't waste time on photos I planned to delete anyway. However, when the birds were where I wanted them, I snapped a zillion photos.

After I finally left Trustom, I went looking for shorebirds. I found a few willing subjects but nothing too rare.

After birding I went fishing. I landed four holdover schoolies on 4 inch zoom flukes. Thus ending a very productive, really fun two days off from work.

Photos below- None are cropped




Of course, I spent some time with the Summer Tanager. At one point, it landed close enough that I could have reached out and pet it.



Brant

AmericanOystercather

Notice the band on the Piping Plover's leg.
It has been captured and banded.



No comments:

Post a Comment