Monday, December 18, 2017

Monument Valley

While you and I were getting ready for Christmas this week my son was off playing. While I had fun on my nights off from work, I did run a bunch of errands, wrap presents, and make some pies during the day. My son, who had three days off from work at the Grand Canyon had no such worries.

He did not waste his time. He went to Monument Valley in Arizona for a day. Monument Valley is on Navajo land. It is one of the most famous western landscapes. The area has been in many, many, westerns. My favorite is "The Searchers" with John Wayne.

When we were out west in 2010 we had to choose between Monument Valley and Arches. However, if we chose Arches National Park we would have time to hit Rocky Mountain for a few days. It was a tough decision, but after much discussion we chose Arches and Rocky. It was a good call with no regrets. Still, if I could choose one place that was on our national park circuit that I would like to see, it would be Monument Valley.

I was sitting in the seats at the Stadium Theater on Friday night when my phone started vibrating. DJ was blowing up my phone with photos ( I asked him to send pictures). I looked at them during intermission and the next day. He sent over 100. I thought people might want to see some. It was difficult not to post all of them. Almost every photo he sent me was of postcard quality. Please enjoy










No comments:

Post a Comment