Monday, December 26, 2011

Awesome Striper Fishing Tonight

I went to my favorite striper wintering hotspot tonight. Its the same place I've gone a couple times this year. Up to tonight I caught a total of one striper and  one hickory shad that came off at my feet ( and I snagged two menhaden).

That finally changed tonight. I landed eight stripers in a couple hour period. I was using my trout rod. I caught all my stripers on a 1/8 ounce jighead. I was using a 2" white grub and a 2" shad body. Needless to say landing each striper was an adventure on the small freshwater rod. My biggest striper was only about 22 inches, so my little rod could handle them.

Dave and Jeff were among the guys I fished with. Dave caught the largest striper of the night, about 25 inches. Jeff hooked the largest fish of the night. Unfortunately, it came unhooked. They both caught multiple fish. It was a good night for all of us.

There were eight or nine guys fishing tonight. I saw a total of 19 fish caught, including my eight. There were a lot of fish around. I hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment