Thursday, January 6, 2011

Providence River Waste of Time

I am always writing that if I find or do something that is not worth your time I will tell you. Here is one. After writing last month about how to catch keeper stripers in winter, I am telling you not to waste your time. This winter like the rest of the year has been terrible for striper fishing. They just are not in the Providence River like they used to be. I only had one good outing and it was almost a month ago. I was there on January 1. It was warm out ( about 40 at night). There were a lot of guys fishing right around high tide on both sides of the river. Everyone was trying to catch their first fish of the year. The whole time I fished, no one caught any. My friend Dave, who is still fishing has gotten got blanked 5 trips in a row.
I wish the stripers were there, I really do. Fishing for stripers in Providence is the one winter activity I enjoy. Now more than ever, I am looking forward to spring!!!

1 comment:

  1. All the stripers have migrated to Falls Pond. You will find them there.

    ReplyDelete