Saturday, November 17, 2018

November Photos

After my last post being so negative, I wish I would have had a reason to put up a new post sooner. I spent last weekend dividing my time between birding and fishing. Fishing was good, I got about ten stripers each day. This week I brought my surf rod with me but there was no point. Yesterday, the ocean was still angry. Ten foot rollers were crashing the beaches. Today the ocean was a lot flatter. However it was still dirty. Some of the beaches looked like the waves were made of gravy. 

I took my camera along all these days. I went for a walk with my bird club last Friday. That is where I saw the sleeping raccoon. 

The ducks at the bottom were seen at Trustom. The light was at my back. The water was glass calm. The birds were in close right near the observation "tower". In fact all of the species were closer than I had ever been to any of them. 


Northern Pintail

Snow Buntings in flight

Snow Buntings on the ground

A weird looking goldfinch. Probably sick


Me trying to appreciate the common
species also

Sleeping raccoon

Gulls diving on bait in a huge blitz

One of many last week.
Zero this week



Red Bellied Woodpecker,
Moose Hill, Sharon



Barred Owl
You will see more pictures of it in a
future post



Greater Scaup



Ruddy Duck



Canvasback



Redheads
Ring Necked Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment