Sunday, November 11, 2018

Loser!

I try not to judge, but I can't stand lazy fishermen. I have some pet peeves when I see fishermen doing things wrong. One of my biggest is watching guys cast giant poppers when the fish are on two inch bay anchovies. Usually, I just shake my head and think "idiot" while I'm releasing another fish.

 What is worse is watching "fishermen" only fish when they see something happening. By far, the time you see this the most is the fall. During the fall, you see multiple four wheel drives out on the beaches and also on the highways looking for fish. Many of these trucks will have a rod rack attached to the front grill as if to say "I'm a bad ass fishermen". Yeah, right!

There are many fishermen that won't even make a cast if they don't see fish breaking. I don't know how many times I've seen fishermen on the beach or in the parking lot with their rods not fishing. I'll walk down to the water and catch a fish on the first cast, then another, and another, and so on. The fish will be there ,but they are not showing. Again, I just shake my head and realize how lazy some guys are.

However, here is what I think is the worst. On Thursday I hit multiple spots before I found fish (yes, I tried casting at them). I finally found fish at a beach in Charlestown. There  was so much bait the water was black. Every few minutes the fish would come in and terrorize the peanut bunker for a minute and take off again. Each time this would happen I'd get a fish or two. There weren't a ton of fish but enough to stay and slug it out.

At one point this 4x4 comes down the beach and the guy driving watches me fish. It was during a lull and I hadn't caught anything  in ten minutes. He sees I'm not catching fish and drives back down the beach. Magically, the fish reappear and I start catching again.

This goes on for an hour. Another actual fisherman comes down. He was a nice guy. When he had fish in front of him, he'd call me over and when I had fish in front of me I'd do the same. The fish had spread out and they could be feeding in a 150 yard stretch of beach. We kept running up and down the beach to reach fish.

Along comes the same lazy ass four by four from before. He pulls up in his truck and watches. The fish are breaking and he sees me and the other guy with fish on. So he gets out of his truck and PUTS HIS WADERS ON! That's right, he was so lazy, he hadn't fished at all. He drove the beaches all day without so much as putting on his waders and making a cast. He never saw anyone with fish. After he suited up he walked down to the water and fished.

You might think I'm writing this because in the end he caught the big fish after I put in the work to find the fish. Nope. You might think he killed them while standing next to me. Nope again. As a a matter of fact, it seemed like the fish were turning off as darkness approached. I never saw this guy catch a thing. Still, even though I shouldn't let it get to me, my blood pressure was up. I can't stand when a fisherman is that lazy. When I left, I yelled over to my new friend that I was catching fish with "Good Luck". I almost yelled over to the other guy Your Welcome". I didn't, I took a picture of him walking to the water and wrote this. Therefore, immortalizing pure laziness forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment