Sunday, August 13, 2017

Happy Birthday Son

My son who is working in Yellowstone National Park sent me a memory card with 1500 pictures last week. As you can imagine, I was pretty awestruck by the things he has seen this summer. I spent a couple of hours looking at his photos. Yesterday was his birthday and my child is now a twenty two year old man. When most of us use the phrase "livin' the dream" we are being sarcastic. In his case, he is doing exactly what he wants to do.  Where as you and I save money all year to go on a dream vacation, DJ spends his days hiking the same places that we dream of. He goes to work at 4:30 pm, gets out of work around 11 and does it again the next day.  All the while he gets to meet like minded people (and girls) that want to share the same experiences that he does. 

I thought I'd share a few of his pictures on my blog. Since I enjoy looking at animal photos more than landscape photos, I only put a few landscape photos on here. He did take some amazing shots of wildflowers, but I only have so much room.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON, I LOVE YOU





Trumpeter Swan

Sandhill Cranes

Pronghorn



Yellow Bellied Marmot

DJ walks to work from his dorm. He says bison are usually
on the trail and he has to go around them which can be
frustrating. Even he admits, he is a bit spoiled when he finds
bison to be annoying

Grizz




No comments:

Post a Comment