Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Crescent Park Carousel

Sunday I took DJ's three sisters to the Crescent Park Carousel in East Providence. I've written about the Carousel before. It is all that remains of a long forgotten amusement park. Fortunately, the carousel remains, reminding us all of a more innocent time.

For hours and direction, and cost, see the website
https://www.crescentparkcarousel.org/

The carousel is fun for adults also. The horses are large enough and the ride spins fast enough for adults to enjoy. To keep everyone entertained, there are rings to catch as you go by a mechanical arm. You hook a ring with your finger. If it is a gold ring, you get a free ride. There is one gold ring per ride. The rest of the rings are brass. After you catch them you throw them at a clown painting. The goal is to get the ring in the clown's mouth. There isn't a prize for that, but it is still fun.


Next to the parking lot is a food vendor. They sell clam chowder, clam cakes, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc...Across the street is a small beach at the bottom of a couple flights of stairs. It is nice to walk on the beach, and a lot cheaper to do then stay on the carousel. The kids found enough shells to use them to make an outline of a heart.



 I like going to the carousel at least once a year. I used to go with my parents when I was a kid. Then I brought my own child. Since DJ is now two thousand miles away, I borrow other people's kids to go. Of course that's a joke, I love DJ's sisters and enjoy spending time with them.








No comments:

Post a Comment