Friday, March 17, 2017

Violin Femmes

I haven't wrote anything lately because quite frankly, I haven't done anything worth writing about. With my "retirement" from skiing, this snow pack and skim ice has left me with little to do. Throw in the fact that I had been without hot water for two weeks and had to buy a hot water heater, well, you can see, it has been a rough March. When your biggest plans are to find a place to take a shower, things aren't going good.

This is of course ironic since two posts ago I wrote about how fun March was going to be. Okay, enough complaining, because tonight I had fun!

I went to one of those things I wrote about in the March blog post. I went to the Violin Femmes concert at the Stadium
Theater in Woonsocket. I tried to take a lot of pictures but they jumped around so much on stage only a few came out clear.

This is a group of women violin players that rock out to classic rock and metal. If it sounds like nothing you have ever heard of, I agree. That is why we bought tickets to it.The show started at 8 pm and with intermission lasted until 10 pm. It was extremely entertaining. They only played for one night but if they come back again or you get to Vegas where they seem to have a residency, you should check them out. As for tonight, my ticket was well worth the $26 I spent on it.

The women played songs from AC/DC, Zepplin, Eagles, Billy Joel, and many many more. The lead
violinist is married to the (male) drummer. He was awesome also. She did all
 of the talking. She explained the origins of the band along with how they came about a couple of the songs. All in all, one could tell she lives and breathes music. She seems like the type that has notes and arrangements are always running through her head all the time(like I suspect Clapton and Prince do/did)

I am not sure if I can say any moment was a highlight although they did get a standing ovation when they sat down and played to the sheet music of Queen's Bohemian Rapsady.

On a completely different note, I have come to realize that a small percentage of my species (men) are absolute pigs. Yes these musicians were absolutely beautiful. Dana Carvey refereed to them as hot when they opened for him. A couple of them were gorgeous. However, why would any guy think it is okay to whistle at them? This happened multiple times throught the night. Probably the same guy. I heard one guy yell" you look great" from the back section. Guess what dumbass? She's not going to sleep with you, so stop being a douche bag!!! Have your dirty thoughts, I don't care, but have enough respect for these musicians to not be a pig!

Below is a 53 second video I took of them playing Bohemian Rhapsody. I only video taped them this once since I wanted to enjoy the show. I can play it on my computer, so I am hoping whoever clicks on it will be able to see it on your device. It is well worth the 53 seconds of your life. It will give you a quick idea of how talented they are. You might have to click it twice









No comments:

Post a Comment