Thursday, March 2, 2017

March is Going to be a Hell of a Month

Took this picture in March two years ago. Spring is
finally here
I was hoping to go to Plum Island birding today. I haven't had a full two days off in a few weeks. However, the wind is howling, so there won't be many birds to see. Because of this sad fact, I put off getting my car inspection until today. So that is what I did this morning.

Despite this setback, March is going to be an awesome month for me. I already have so many things planned, that I have a waiting list of things to do as back up plans. I haven't wrote any posts about what I have done lately, because nothing was that special. I'm going to write about my plans, just for the hope of giving readers ideas. Maybe you may want to see a concert that I'm going to of a band you like.

March 3   AAA Travel Show

AAA is doing there annual travel show at Gillette Stadium this weekend. If the weather would have been nice I would have done something outside. Since the temp around here is dropping forty degrees in the next 18 hours I'll be there.

March 3 night  The Man Who Saw Snoopy

This is a one night only play at the Arctic Theater in Warwick. All proceeds go towards a family that lost everything in a fire. The play is about Charles Schultz the creator of Peauntus


March 10   RISAA Show

The large saltwater fishing show goes on next weekend. If I go, it will be Friday late afternoon after hopefully a fun outdoor daytrip fishing or birding

March  11  Aquideneck Island Duck Tour/ Seal Cruise Cuttyhunk Island

I have to make a choice. I could go on a waterfowl tour of my bird chub in the Newport area.There will be experts and I will see birds I would normally miss The other option is something I've wanted to do for a while, go on a seal cruise to Cuttyhunk Island. The cruise circles seals around a small island, then docks at Cuttyhunk for a little while. I've never been there.  The cruises only go twice a winter March 11 and March 25.

March 17    Violin Femmes

I was scrolling through the Stadium Theater events and I came across the Violin Femmes (not to be confused with the Violent Femmes). They are hot women that play hard rock and metal on Violins. It seems like nothing else in entertainment. I am really looking forward to this show. I know it sounds weird, feel free to click on the link and watch the three minute promo.
http://www.stadiumtheatre.com/events/violin-femmes-starring-the-bella-electric-strings/224

March 18    Dropkick Murphys

Literally the next day we are Shipping Up To Boston to see the Dropkick Murphys at the Agganis Arena. This concert is my birthday present to my best friend Laurie. I only know a few songs but I think the place will be rocking for the show. The Dropkicks are playing a few nights at the House of Blues also. They always come home to Boston for St. Patrick's Day. So for a night, we will all be Irish, even this Pacelli

March 24    The Nether

This is a play my brother got me tickets for. It is at the Gamm Theater, a place I have never been. It is a little futuristic and science fiction. It should be a fun night.

March 25    Another Decision-  Connecticut Surfcasters Striper Event or the Seal Cruise

If I don't go on the seal cruise on March 11, this will be my other chance. On the other hand, there is a free Surfcasting event. There will be good deals on gear, free food, and seminars by some big name fishermen including Toby Lapinski, Steve McKenna, and Dave Pickering

March 31  Midsummer's Night Dream

Another play at the Stadium Theater in Woonsocket. I am not the Shakespeare type, but I am going to this and looking forward to it.



Besides all these ticketed events, I have a few daytrips I want to do. I plan on going to Race Point again to see the whales offshore. I will combine that trip with some trout fishing down the Cape (maybe an overnight trip). I also want to get to Plum Island once during the month. It would have been today if not so windy.

Although not a daytrip, I have a few other things I want to do during March. I am going to spend a lot more time carp fishing this March than I did last year. I boiled up some corn, checked my alarm batteries andI am ready to go. At least one evening during the month I will have to step away from fishing and see the woodcock dance.

Lastly, I enjoy going to vernal pools and watching wood frogs. This is the time of year they are breeding. The frogs are very curious and if you are still, will come right up to you. However any movement within fifteen feet and they will bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment