Thursday, March 10, 2016

First Carp/ First Yellow Bullhead

  I went fishing with my friend Eric the last two days. We were out trying to catch some early season carp. On Tuesday night we got skunked by the cap. We did not even get a hit from one. As we reeled in our poles for the night, we each landed a surprise little yellow bullhead.

On Wednesday we tried again on a much warmer night. Eric brought his son Zach along. He was hoping to catch some of the yellow bullhead. Happily, the yellow bullhead were biting. Zach caught quite a few bullhead. These were the first yellow bullhead of his life. Good job, buddy

I also landed my first carp of the year. I caught it after dark which was a bit of a surprise. Being such a warm day, I would have assumed I'd get one (if I got one) during the warmest part of the afternoon. It was a nice common carp going about fifteen pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment