Tuesday, September 15, 2015

ALBIES!

If you read my post yesterday, you know that false albacore are around. They have not been around in big numbers from shore this year and I had not caught one. That is until today. Albies were around in close and out deep today. They were not around in huge numbers. There wasn't any giant schools of them blitzing, but there were enough splashes to keep one interested.

The fish seemed very aggressive today. Albies can be notoriously finicky. Today they were crushing both metal spoons and wooden egg/ fly combo. I landed two myself and saw others caught. I got one on the egg/fly and the other on Kastmaster XL. With calm weather the next few days, the albies should stick around for at least a little while. I guess, this answers the question of what I'll be doing on my day off, Friday.


Thanks again for the phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment