Thursday, May 9, 2013

Personal Best Carp Today!

Went carp fishing today at a lake known for large mirror carp. I sat through three hours of rain (five hours total) and landed two fish.  The first fish was a fifteen pounder. This may be the only time in my life to be disappointed by a fifteen pounder.  Also it gave a terrible fight, surprisingly.

An hour later I hooked what I could tell what was a big fish. It fought nobly. Once it saw the net it took off and made three or four runs. It took about ten or so minutes to land it. I weighed it three times it was a legitimate twenty six pounds. It beat my old personal best by two pounds and my mirror carp best by nine. What a beautiful fish.
 I caught both fish on unflavored field corn fished behind an oatmeal-bread- cornmeal method ball.

 Here are a couple pictures of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment