Saturday, May 4, 2013

Animal Sightings


The fishing was only okay for April, but I saw some cool animals. On my day at Nickerson State Park I saw a loon and even cooler, I saw a big beautiful coyote. I got a couple pictures as it was trotting away. I was in the car and it crossed the street in front of me.

At the pickerel I pond I have been fishing, right along Route 1, there are a pair of otters living there. They are pretty inquisitive.  One of them has come up to me a couple times. I never realized how big river otters are. They are at least 3 feet long not including the tail. They are so graceful in the water. As with the coyote, I got some pictures but it’s not like they are going to become the cover of an Wild America calender.

It didn't end in April, I saw a mink and muskrat on the Blackstone River yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment