Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Top 21 Reasons Watching the Olympics is better than Watching the Super Bowl (and a few reasons they are not)

After a Patriots Super Bowl loss I feel like crap. My stomach has been in knots for almost four hours. I usually ate junk food. I can't sleep wondering what happened. Luckily, we have the Olympics to start watching starting tomorrow. I realized the other day the Olympics are great competition and sport. Yet I don't get sick to my stomach watching them. While driving I started thinking of reasons why the Olympics are better than the Super Bowl. Most of these are "tongue and cheek" but a couple like #19, 14, and staying awake until 3 am are very real

21. Unlike the Super Bowl, I won't have to wait two weeks between events.  I'll have 18 straight nights of competition

20. I've never had to listen to Joe Buck call an Olympic event or worse, listen to Phil Simms analyze one

19. I won't have to sit there for four hours wondering why the hell Malcom Butler isn't playing

18. No matter what happens, I could never be as mad at any participant as I am at Bill Belichick right now

17. Six words-  What will Johnny Weir say next?


16. Tara Lipinski is unbelievably hot!

15. I won't be disappointed by a halftime show.

14. When the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, I watch it with a stomach ulcer. Since all their Super Bowls are close, I've gone through this pain 8 times since 2000

13. I won't have to wonder if Arthur Blank is the nice guy that I hear he is, or the creepy looking old fool my eyes tell me he is.

12. Lindsey Vonn  is a role model

11. I have something to look forward to every night for two and a half weeks

10. Olympic hockey is awesome

9. People proudly stand for the National Anthem

8. Tara Lipinski (see #16)

7. I won't toss and turn until 3 am because anyone lost

6. What is considered a catch anymore?

5. I won't have to get mad at Bradley Cooper for cheering on his team

4. No US cities will burn down in celebration

3. Erin Andrews doesn't work for NBC so I won't have to watch her read questions off of cue cards.

2. Biathlon- Guns and Skis, crazy, right?

1. I can use the bathroom during commercials instead of "holding it"



7 Bad things about the Olympics

7. Too many commercials

6. Bob Costas is no longer the host of the Olympics

5. The top US Ice Dance team are a brother/sister pair. I don't care what anyone says, touching your sister that much is just weird

4. NBC hired Mike Tirico. He will be the Primetime host. Mike seems like a good guy. He is intelligent and knowledgeable.  However, his monotone voice has the same affect as Jewel singing me a lullaby near a babbling brook. It puts me to sleep.

3. Mike Tirico's voice- where adrenaline goes to die

2. Fluff stories taking up time I could be watching events

The number 1 worst thing about the Olympics:

I know what the phrase ShibSibs means. Not something I'm proud of!









No comments:

Post a Comment