Saturday, June 10, 2017

On a big fish role

Sorry, crappy phone pic of a fish on the ground.
Not my best work
Starting on Wednesday with the twenty pound striper, I am on a big fish role. Thursday I was treated to excellent sea bass fishing on my friend Eric's boat. As you can see from the post below, Friday I got into some tarpon like bluefish.

Well, I certainly did not expect the fishing to last since I started my work week  today. I went to one of my usual haunts and caught half a dozen small (really small) stripers. On my way  home I went to a spot rumored to have big stripers. I'm guessing the rumors were true because I saw about forty guys fishing a 100 foot stretch (no exaggeration on the number of guys, and the area was only one hundred feet). It looked like Opening Day crowds at your favorite trout lake. There was no way I was going to attempt to squeeze in.

I decided to walk a quarter mile away and try  fishing for a few minutes. I put on a Daiwa SP Minnow.I only fished 45 minutes landing two fish. One was a 20 inch schoolie and a keeper of about 15 pounds.

Although 15 pounds is not a giant, these days it is a good fish. Considering an hour earlier, I was finding fish that could not make 15 inches. Sadly for me, I have no chance of seeing if I can catch any nice fish for a fifth straight day. Laurie comes over Sunday... and she don't fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment