Thursday, April 27, 2017

Godspeed II Son

DJ and I hung out today. We played disk golf. While walking
the course we came across these marsh marigolds.
He wanted to photograph them and I wanted to photograph
him getting the picture
My son leaves on another grand adventure tomorrow. If you read my blog in November he got a job at the Grand Canyon working in a restaurant. That lasted a couple of months. He came home a couple months later for reasons out of his control (girl problems)

Now he is newly single and ready for adventure. He got a job at a restaurant in Lake Village in Yellowstone National  Park. He starts his new job on May 4 but he is leaving a week early to give himself a vacation on the way (first stop- Niagara Falls).

I really admire his sense of adventure. He clearly gets his love of the outdoors from me, and for that I am grateful. However, he is his own man, and he is willing to take risks many of us only dream of. Imagine having the guts to drive across the country alone to work in a strange place and not know anyone there. I give him a lot of credit for having the guts to do so.

I've been to Yellowstone and I have seen many of the wonders. However to spend the next six months exploring off beaten trails, mudpots, and waterfalls, that I envy. So for the second time in a year I write a post wishing my son the best. I know he will be much happier this time and he is really going to love it.

Godspeed buddy,
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment