Monday, January 9, 2017

Snowshoeing- better than the exercise bike

Some of us got to go skiing on perfect powder today... Others had to work. I was part of the latter group. However, I did not want to work all day then sit in the house all night. It is no secret that I struggle to keep my weight down (I love food). So I have been trying to do cardio and core almost every day this winter. The logic being, I have nothing better to do. Unfortunately, cardio has meant riding my nemesis, the exercise bike. When it is really cold, or worse, the sidewalks are covered in snow, I have fairly consistently been riding the dreaded bike.

Well not today my friends! He finally got measurable snow. Would  I prefer seventy and sunny? Yes. However, we must work with the cards dealt to us. So today right after work I went to Wrentham State Forest for an hour of snowshoeing. I packed my warm clothes, boots, and snowshoes with me this morning before work.There was still a lot of snow hanging on the pines so my walk was pretty. I moved kind of fast and built up a good sweat, which is surprising since it was 22 degrees. We are supposed to get a warm up turning everything to slush before it melts away. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow if it isn't raining too heavy. Hey, today was better than sitting at home all night

No comments:

Post a Comment