Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Grand Tetons Part 1 of 3

Feeling that there is only so many posts one can do about Yellowstone, it is time to move fifty miles south and go to Grand Teton National Park.  There are so many natural wonders in Yellowstone, it would be impossible to show you all of them. The thermal basins are huge, some are a mile across. At any one time five or six geysers could be going off. I photographed as much as I could, but they are much cooler in person than in pictures. So goodbye, Yellowstone, hello Tetons.

Yellowstone had many small neat features. Grand Teton blows you away with the immensity. The range rises 7000 feet from the surrounding sage brush prairie. After doing five posts about Yellowstone, you'd think that was my favorite place. The truth is, Grand Teton NP is my favorite place I have ever been. Besides the one thing all men think about, there are two thoughts that cross my mind almost every single day. At some point in the day, I will think back about the beauty of the Tetons, and the other is fighting false albacore.

I posted a lot of pictures of the range. There are two main park roads, an outer and an inner. Both parallel the range for many miles. There are many pullouts on the side of the road. The roads are east of the Tetons. One morning I got DJ up early (waking my son up early is becoming a theme, I know) and we drove the road taking pics at every stop. The light coming from the east was coming over our backs for a nice blue sky hitting the mountains. 

One last thing, the Grand Tetons have just as much wildlife as Yellowstone. We saw animals everywhere. It has many more moose than Yellowstone. We saw a few right on the trail..


















 Sometimes you just get bad light. So I just accepted my pic wouldn't be that good and enjoyed the moment



Hidden Falls

































Pretty awesome having the buffalo herd in the picture. I love the
American West




This photo is a recreation of pictures in many American landscape calendars. The cabin is famous and is used by many photographers to show size and depth perception. Next time you go to a dollar store or Job Lot and see the calender's, there is a good chance a photo similar to this will be in it.























These idiots are standing within 20 feet of a thousand pound bull bison. Not smart.






No comments:

Post a Comment