Monday, January 25, 2016

Western Vacation Pictures Part 1 Blue Mounds State Park, MN

It's mid winter. There aren't any stripers to fish for in Providence. There is thin layer of ice on the ponds but it is not safe. Since there really isn't anything going on, I thought I'd share some pictures from my vacation out west in 2010. Of course Yellowstone and the other places I went are not in southern New England, but maybe these pictures will inspire someone to take a trip to any of these places. I'll put about ten to fifteen pictures of each place in a post. Each post will be of just one place. I'll start each post with this opening paragraph. If there are any question about any of the places (admission price, distance from town, etc.. just leave them in comments section and I will gladly answer them.

We left home about 1 pm on a Saturday. I drove almost twenty four hours straight. We stayed at a campground in Minnesota about 20 miles from the South Dakota border. It was called Blue Mounds State Park. The park has its own bison herd (fenced in). There is also a pond with catfish. We got there about 2 pm. Sunday. I somehow stayed awake until dark so we could explore the park.







                                                                       Prickly Pear


                                              DJ on one of our short hikes




                                                 
                                              Tallgrass Prairie

                                           DJ with a channel catfish

No comments:

Post a Comment