Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Cape Cod Baseball League All Star Game

Sunday the Cape Cod Baseball League
held their All Star game in Bourne.

The Cape Cod League is the premier summer league for college ball players. I have written about games more than once on this blog. The games are terrific. The admission is free (two dollar suggested donation). The food is cheap. There is a purity to the league, and it's an all around good time.

The all star game featured the best players from the season. It is an all afternoon affair. The game started at 6pm, but there were activities all afternoon. From 3:30 until 5 players were signing autographs. It's a virtual certainty some of these players will become pros, and almost all of them will be drafted barring injury. I had to work until 3pm, by the time we finally got to the field it was 4:30. DJ had time to get all the players autographs from the west all stars.

At 5pm their was a home run derby. The player that won had 6 homers in the first round. There were some incredible "moonshots".

At 6 the game started.DJ scores the games we go to. He likes to look back a couple years later to tell me that we saw a pitcher have nine strike outs or a player had a home run.

My back was killing me on the bleachers. I got up and walked around the ballpark taking pictures. I got some nice shots of guys at the plate and pitched warming up in the bullpen ( although the pics I'm posting are from my phone and not nearly as good quality).

After the game DJ got some more autographs including the game MVPs.

Although the all star game is over, I encourage everyone that loved Field of Dreams to catch a game. There's another week left in the season, the Cape league is great baseball.

Lastly, although the regular season games are free, tickets to the all star game were five bucks. When we walked in an eighteen wheeled Friendlys ice cream truck was handing out free ice cream. Somehow I managed the willpower to keep on walking.























No comments:

Post a Comment