Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Schooled!


 

I went fishing with DJ last night in Narragansett.  It was the first time he has gone saltwater fishing with me this year. We tried a couple spots before dark. We saw some fish way out before dark. We were frustrated by seeing fish that we could not reach.

We set up in current just after dark. After the tide turned outgoing fish started hitting. I was using a swimmer while he used a Cocahoe on a jig.  I caught the first fish, then DJ took over. I ended up catching five stripers. They were all schoolies, the biggest was just under keeper size. DJ put on a show and ended up catching 19 fish. Luckily for me it was freezing out so I heard him complain about cold hands instead of trash talking.

DJ isn’t much of a fishermen, but every time he goes he always has good luck. I’m glad he came fishing with me. Even though he kicked my but 19-5, it was still a really fun night.

 

I will be in Florida for the next two weeks with my cousins. So I will not be writing in that time. We will be staying at his house in northern Florida and I don’t think I will even have cell phone reception never mind Internet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment