Friday, March 22, 2013

Slow Day

Fearings Pond, March 22,  2:45 pm
I decided to go trout fishing in Plymouth today. We had a slight snow event last night in North Attleboro. It snowed slightly, but it did not accumulate. I hoped that in Plymouth things would be the same. The only accumulation was supposed to be north and west ( Plymouth is east) I knew fishing would be slow because of the cold night and possible snow. I chose to go anyway just to do something.

Slow does not even describe how bad fishing was today. I fished from 9:00- 3:45. I tried six ponds. At all but one I put in at least an hour. Unfortunately, it snowed in Plymouth. When I got to my first pond, there was about three inches of new snow on the ground. I am sure the snow cooled off the water to near freezing.

I tried every lure I had and even tried Powerbait at two ponds. I landed one rainbow about 14 inches. Every pond I went to I talked to other fishermen. Only one fisherman caught any fish today (Fearings Pond, Powerbait, 2 small rainbows). I caught my one fish at Fearings about 3 pm, also on Powerbait.

Ponds I tried- Russell-Sawmill, Little, Lout, Long, Big Sandy, Fearings

Really looking forward to a warming trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment