Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Snappers blues, puffers, and suckers

I went fishing last weekend and had a really good weekend numbers wise. I ended up with over 60 fish. The bad news was the biggest was about 15 inches.

I started my first day at Colt State Park. My goal here was snapper blues. I found them in big numbers.I used a silver Kastmaster and caught them on almost every cast. Everyone else was using a popping cork with a small teaser. Everyone else combined caught about 10. Do yourself a favor don't become married to just one lure or technique. I caught three times more than everyone combined. Not because I'm better than them or even luckier. Its just I was prepared to catch fish with a variety of lures. On this day, they wanted the flash of a spoon. On other days they like the popping cork. Be versitle.

After I left Colt State Park I went to the Mt. Hope Bridge. I used squid and caught about six scup. All but one was under 10 inches. I also caught a small sea robin and a puffer fish. Yup a puffer. Cute little guy. That was the end of day one.

Day 2 I went carp fishing. I went to a place wher ethe carp are small but numerous. I caught 8 along with 2 suckers and a golden shiner. Two of the carp were smaller than the width of my hand. The biggest was only about 15 inches.

The best part of my weekend was I caught three species I had yet to catch this year: sea robin, golden shiner and a new fish for me a puffer fish.



Hopefully I will have more big fish to write about soon. Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment