Sunday, April 1, 2018

Turkeys at Swan Point

  In my quest to see my first of the year Osprey, I dragged Laurie, to of all places, a cemetery in Providence. Although, we did not find any Osprey over the Providence River, we did have excellent looks at a Bald Eagle.                                                                                               However, the best part of the day was the flock of turkeys. Because these guys live in a cemetery they have no fear of being hunted. I was snapping pictures from as close as five feet away. The birds did not acknowledge my presence at all. They kept eating and doing more "adult things" even with us right there. 

The males were strutting all over the place making pictures easy. The most interesting thing is a white wild turkey that I had never seen before. My guess is it is a one year old bird. I'm hoping to get some answers about it from some of the Rhode Island experts, however, I don't think too many know it is there.

I accidentally left my DSLR at home so I had to rely on my pocket sized camera. I wish I would have had the big camera and the fast shutter speed, but I can't complain. I took about 70 pics. Some of the best are below.
Turkeys making more turkeys



My favorite picture of the day























No comments:

Post a Comment