Friday, February 10, 2017

Opening Night at the Wizard of Oz

Crappy phone picture
I haven't done much lately. The last time I went skiing a couple weeks ago, I hurt myself. I slipped a disk in my neck. Since then I have been trying to heal. I've had this injury before. The slipped disk pinches nerves which can lead to a lot of pain. This particular time, the pain hasn't been too bad. However, I'd like to get better soon, so I haven't done much in the way of excitement in a couple weeks. Also, my skiing days are over...I retired

Needless to say, I was looking forward to our plans tonight. We bought tickets to see the Wizard of Oz at the Stadium Theater in Woonsocket. I only bought the tickets a couple weeks ago so we didn't get the best seats. Our tickets were in the 16th row. They cost $21 a piece with a four dollar service charge. For twenty five dollars we were entertained for almost three hours.

The play was like the movie so I won't give you the details because I'm sure everyone reading this has seen the Wizard of Oz. The acting was terrific. The girl that played Dorothy was unbelievable. She had a great singing voice also. Although it was classified as a play, there were a bunch of musical numbers. I thought I'd get bored, but they were quite entertaining. They were the same songs as in the movie such as "We're off to see the Wizard" and "Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!" The show was awesome. I spent the entire night smiling because of how much fun I was having.

Tonight was opening night. The play runs this weekend and next. There are two price levels for seats $21, and $26. There is ample parking in the lots and streets around the Stadium Theater. Show time is at 7:30 pm. I highly recommend going. For tickets and info here is the link

http://www.stadiumtheatre.com/events/the-wizard-of-oz/195

No comments:

Post a Comment