Saturday, December 27, 2014

Crazy carp fishing in December!

My friend Dave found some amazing carp fishing this week. On Christmas day he got to slip away for an hour and a half and caught 16 carp. If you are not a carp fishermen, let me explain that even during percect conditions in May, catching three or four carp is a great day. If you catch one carp in the winter, then that day is not wasted. I really can not stress the point enough how hard it normally is to catch one or two carp in winter.

The main reason for this carp feeding frenzy has to do with this super warm spell we are having. While Dave was fishing, I myself got to slip away. I went hiking in Medfield. It was warm enough that I was in just a T-shirt most of the time.

Luckily for me, I had Friday off from work, and gladly fished with Dave. At first we didn't get any hits, then the sun warmed the water up. The fish turned on like a switch.

I ended up catching nine carp. Believe me, that is an amazing day for this time of year. Yet it was nothing compared to Dave. He caught a score of fish (20). I was lucky enough to witness and photograph his seven hundred carp of the year. He needed 13 to reach 700. I can't believe that fishing was so good that it was "easy" for him to reach that improbable number. Feel free to read his account of the events.

www.ricarpfishing.blogspot.com

Obviously the thought of going fishing again on Saturday would seem like a great idea. I, with painful willpower chose to go hiking/jogging. I put on almost ten pounds during the holiday season. I went up to the Blue Hills and did about 10 miles. Dave of course went fishing, he caught another ten fish. Who knows how long the good times will keep rolling.










No comments:

Post a Comment