Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Despite the fact this is my favorite time of the year for fishing for a variety of fish, I have put in a lot of time carp fishing. Since I went to Wachusetts Reservoir last Friday I have been out fishing every day, including Easter.

Every one of those outings was spent chasing Mr. Carp.  I have had very good success. I've caught 14 fish on my last four outings. The downside is that I haven’t caught anything very big yet. My largest two fish were 15 pounds and 14 ½ pounds. I have been trying to get a twenty pounder fishing a spot known to produce them. As of yet no luck

I apologize that I do not have any fishing reports of other fish first hand. I can tell you that striper fishing for fresh fish is really nonexistent in Rhode Island and Massachusetts so far this spring. That could change any day but from multiple reports striper fishing sucks right now…despite what you are reading in fishing reports.


Thursday I am going to change things up. I’m going to hit multiple spots and fish for multiple species. I’m going to give each species an hour or two of my time and see what happens. I’m going to try for everything from four inch wild brookies to giving Upper Narragansett Bay a try for the small chance stripers are up in the bay. The weather conditions will be tough with 30 mph winds and a bright sky, but what the hell its my day off I’m going to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment