Thursday, December 27, 2012

An Apple Pie and Trout Christmas


 
Laurie with her world famous apple pie.


I sincerely hope everyone had a great Christmas. For those of you that don’t celebrate Christmas,I hope you had the best December 25th of your life. We had a very good day and I managed to get some productive fishing in.
Laurie sleeps over on Christmas Eve and we watch a movie. I was invited to a party from a friend at work, but Laurie had a hectic day and wanted to relax. DJ went to a party at his girlfriend’s house. He sleeps over his mom’s on Christmas Eve, so she picked him up from there.
When we got up, we got food ready for the evening feast. Laurie made a pumpkin pie. I cut up potatoes. When DJ got home we opened presents. Besides the things I buy him, Santa brought a gift for both of us. We got us a new two person tent. It turns out that EMS was discontinuing an awesome tent and the last one (the floor model) was 50% off. So he couldn’t pass that up and he thought of us.

After presents I brought DJ to his grandmother’s house so he could open more. Laurie went to visit relatives at a nursing home. So I had about three hours free. I decided to go trout fishing. I never made it out this fall because of stripers so I thought I’d give it a shot. I was really hoping for one.  After about an hour I hooked one. It was a beautiful hooked mouth 17 inch brown trout. On the next cast I hooked a bigger one but lost it. Those were my only hits. I’ll say it again; any fish in December is a good fish. I was quite happy to get the Christmas fish. I let it go, I had plenty of food.
That night we had a Christmas dinner. Laurie made an apple pie on Christmas Eve morning that we ate for desert.  It was delicious. We never touched the pumpkin pie.
 
Today after work, I went trout fishing again. The spot I caught my fish yesterday had iced over. I had to fish further up the beach. I fished for an hour and caught one brown. It was a nice fish 15-16 inches, but not as big as the Christmas brown. I caught both fish and the other hit on a small silver sinking Rapala. I tried other lures but they did not produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment