Tuesday, December 14, 2010

127 Hours


I saw 127 Hours yesterday. In a word it was awesome. If you like desert scenery or a human interest story you will like the movie. James Franco was awesome. I have no doubt he will get nominated for an Oscar. He is on screen the entire movie, most of it stuck in the canyon and it never gets boring.

Here is a quick recap of the movie doing my best not to be a spoiler. Its about a guy named Aron Ralston who is a mountain climber and experienced in canyon country. Aron decides to go hiking in Canyonlands National Park without telling anyone where he is going. He tries to slide down a slot canyon and a he steps on a boulder and it comes loose. He falls and the boulder lands on his arm so he can't move. This begins his ordeal. Thats as much as I will give you


I get to go to the movies for free so its always tough for me to say a movie is worth the money. If I had to pay for a ticket, I would not have been disappointed. 127 Hours is the best outdoor movie since Into the Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment